1) Clean and soak moong dal for 3 to 4 hours.
2) Remove excess water. In a mixi jar or grinder take moong dal, cumin, green chili and make a fine paste. Tip - Don't add much water.
3) Take pest in a big utensil or mixing bowl. In that add turmeric powder, asafoetida, coriander leaves, salt, baking soda and mix well.
4) Grease appe Patra with oil. Now add spoonful batter in every hole of appe Patra, cover it and cook for 3 minutes.
5) Now remove the cover, grease Appe and flip it. Now again cook for 3 minutes.
6) Now remove the appe from Patra and serve it with coconut- coriander chutney.
Coconut - Coriander Chutney -
1) Wash the coconut pieces.
2) In a grinder jar add coconut, chillies, ginger paste, cumin, coriander leaves,salt, sugar and make fine paste. Add little water and make smooth paste.
3) Roast the white lentils.
4) In a pan heat oil and add asafoetida, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once it's crackle add roasted white lentils and off the flame. Now pour this to prepared mixture of coconut and give a mix.
5) Coconut - Coriander chutney is ready to serve.